Thursday, March 29, 2012

Database naming convention

Is there database, tables, columns naming convention that I should follow
when I build some information system proposed from Microsoft?
Thanks in advanced
AdnanThere have been many discussions regarding this.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group...ming+convention
-oj
"Adnan Hebibovic" <adnan.hebibovic@.community.nospam> wrote in message
news:et0c85YFFHA.3732@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Is there database, tables, columns naming convention that I should follow
> when I build some information system proposed from Microsoft?
> Thanks in advanced
> Adnan
>|||Yes I know that oj but i will repeat myselft ... "from Microsoft".
"oj" <nospam_ojngo@.home.com> wrote in message
news:OmBDpEZFFHA.3728@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> There have been many discussions regarding this.
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group...ming+convention
>
> --
> -oj
>
> "Adnan Hebibovic" <adnan.hebibovic@.community.nospam> wrote in message
> news:et0c85YFFHA.3732@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>|||Look up the ISO-11179 Standards first.
I have a new book, SQL PROGRAMMING STYLE, due out the middle of this
year that deals with this topic.
I bothered to research readability, typography, industry standards,
etc. I also get into some common design flaws, heuristics, software
metrics, etc.
I am hoping that people will pick it up and use it as a guide in their
shops. Even if they don't like it, they will have a single set of
rules. And they can yell at me :)|||Thanks
"--CELKO--" <jcelko212@.earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:1108827223.033936.154350@.o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Look up the ISO-11179 Standards first.
> I have a new book, SQL PROGRAMMING STYLE, due out the middle of this
> year that deals with this topic.
> I bothered to research readability, typography, industry standards,
> etc. I also get into some common design flaws, heuristics, software
> metrics, etc.
> I am hoping that people will pick it up and use it as a guide in their
> shops. Even if they don't like it, they will have a single set of
> rules. And they can yell at me :)
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment