Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Database 'model' corrupted

Hi, my 'model' database corrupted and my SQL Server 2005 Express can't be started.

I believe I have the SAME problem as his:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=455524&SiteID=1

but when I try the command start sqlservr.exe -c -T3608, an error message appeared:

"Your SQL Server installation is either corrupt of has been tampered

with (Error getting instance ID from name). Please uninstal then re-run

setup to correct this problem"

Well, the problem is that I have an ActiveBPEL database inside, and I really need a way without reinstalling it.

Any solution?

Thanks,

Edwin

Hi Edwin,

Although I can't really comment on your issue (as it would be quite hard to troubleshoot), if you un-install mssql, you will not lose your user databases - just retian the *.mdf/ldf files and re-attatch the databases after you have re-installed mssql.

Cheers

Rob

|||

The difference is that your Express installation is not a default instance of SQL.

Try starting sqlsrvr by explicitly specifying the instance name:

sqlservr.exe -s<ComputerName>$SQLEXPRESS -c -T3608

|||PLEASE help, i am getting the same error
"error getting instance ID from name"

but I just installed it, and I tried reinstalling already,
doing the sqlservr.exe -s.... did not work, it said the specified file name could not be found.|||

As it happens, I wrote a blog post on exactly this situation not long ago.

Although the way model got corrupted is different, the resolution applies.

http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlserverstorageengine/archive/2006/09/26/772550.aspx

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment