Sunday, March 25, 2012

database mirroring question

Is Asynchronous database mirroring support in the Standard Edition of
SQL 2005?
I've read some docs that say it isn't. However, my manager saids that
he was told it was (or would work), something about 'single stream'? I
have not been able to find any docs that talks about 'single stream'.
Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction?
thanks all,
JDJoeyD
If I remember well, database mirroring is supported only on Enterprise
Edition
"JoeyD" <joeydba@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1168635799.710707.324810@.51g2000cwl.googlegroups.com...
> Is Asynchronous database mirroring support in the Standard Edition of
> SQL 2005?
> I've read some docs that say it isn't. However, my manager saids that
> he was told it was (or would work), something about 'single stream'? I
> have not been able to find any docs that talks about 'single stream'.
> Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction?
> thanks all,
> JD
>|||Synchronous mirroring is supported on Standard and Enterprise editions.
Asynchronous mode is only supported on Enterprise edition.
--
Paul Randal
Principal Lead Program Manager
Core Storage Engine, Microsoft SQL Server Team
http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlserverstorageengine/default.aspx
"Uri Dimant" <urid@.iscar.co.il> wrote in message
news:uh6Amz7NHHA.3916@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> JoeyD
> If I remember well, database mirroring is supported only on Enterprise
> Edition
>
> "JoeyD" <joeydba@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1168635799.710707.324810@.51g2000cwl.googlegroups.com...
>> Is Asynchronous database mirroring support in the Standard Edition of
>> SQL 2005?
>> I've read some docs that say it isn't. However, my manager saids that
>> he was told it was (or would work), something about 'single stream'? I
>> have not been able to find any docs that talks about 'single stream'.
>> Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction?
>> thanks all,
>> JD
>|||Thanks Paul for the reply. I've done some more testing on my own and
have found this to be true. Not sure what my manager had heard or where
he had heard it.
Joe
Paul S. Randal [MS] wrote:
> Synchronous mirroring is supported on Standard and Enterprise editions.
> Asynchronous mode is only supported on Enterprise edition.
> --
> Paul Randal
> Principal Lead Program Manager
> Core Storage Engine, Microsoft SQL Server Team
> http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlserverstorageengine/default.aspx
>
> "Uri Dimant" <urid@.iscar.co.il> wrote in message
> news:uh6Amz7NHHA.3916@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > JoeyD
> > If I remember well, database mirroring is supported only on Enterprise
> > Edition
> >
> >
> >
> > "JoeyD" <joeydba@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:1168635799.710707.324810@.51g2000cwl.googlegroups.com...
> >> Is Asynchronous database mirroring support in the Standard Edition of
> >> SQL 2005?
> >>
> >> I've read some docs that say it isn't. However, my manager saids that
> >> he was told it was (or would work), something about 'single stream'? I
> >> have not been able to find any docs that talks about 'single stream'.
> >> Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction?
> >>
> >> thanks all,
> >> JD
> >>
> >
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment