Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Database mirroring setup without downtime

Does anyone know if you can mirror a database while users are banging away o
n
it? I can't see how I'd get the log backups in sync on the mirror server,
it's pretty busy with transactions. I've done some small scale testing and i
t
seems like you can apply a log backup while the data on the primary is being
changed and it still sets up the mirror ok. It's a 24/7 system and we have t
o
schedule some downtime otherwise.
Thanks in advance.Hi
How do you know that log backups are ansync?
"sqlboy2000" <sqlboy2000@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:98F90C89-B307-4FB3-85D1-ACA8CA2D2297@.microsoft.com...
> Does anyone know if you can mirror a database while users are banging away
> on
> it? I can't see how I'd get the log backups in sync on the mirror server,
> it's pretty busy with transactions. I've done some small scale testing and
> it
> seems like you can apply a log backup while the data on the primary is
> being
> changed and it still sets up the mirror ok. It's a 24/7 system and we have
> to
> schedule some downtime otherwise.
> Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment