Sunday, March 25, 2012

Database Mirroring Question

I've read several instances that when implementing Database Mirroring, all
client connections are lost. A retry from client/s, applications, etc... will
reconnect to the Failover.
In order to compensate for the disconnect you should make use of TRY CATCH
logic within your code.
When going over that statement, TRY CATCH is not valid for disconnects so
how would you accomplish this feat?
What I mean is how could I allow my application to essentially reestablish
the coonection or look for the Failover from within my Connection String?
Many Thx,
Anthony E. Castro - MCDBA
Need to utilize FAILOVER PARTNER=<Mirror SQL server> in your connection string.
"acmcdba68" wrote:

> I've read several instances that when implementing Database Mirroring, all
> client connections are lost. A retry from client/s, applications, etc... will
> reconnect to the Failover.
> In order to compensate for the disconnect you should make use of TRY CATCH
> logic within your code.
> When going over that statement, TRY CATCH is not valid for disconnects so
> how would you accomplish this feat?
> What I mean is how could I allow my application to essentially reestablish
> the coonection or look for the Failover from within my Connection String?
> Many Thx,
> --
> Anthony E. Castro - MCDBA

No comments:

Post a Comment