Thursday, March 29, 2012

Database name not found in the Edit job step in SQL Server Enterprise Manager

Hi,

I need help. I transferred my database from one server to another by
using attach detach process.I created all the jobs which existed in the

old server in the new server. Everything looked fine but a couple of
jobs is a giving me some problems. When I try to edit the job step I
could see that the database dropdown list doesn't contain the database
name(which I transferred from the old server)

Does anyone have any idea about it.

Thanks
Arun(arunkumar_m2001@.yahoo.com) writes:
> I need help. I transferred my database from one server to another by
> using attach detach process.I created all the jobs which existed in the
> old server in the new server. Everything looked fine but a couple of
> jobs is a giving me some problems. When I try to edit the job step I
> could see that the database dropdown list doesn't contain the database
> name(which I transferred from the old server)
>
> Does anyone have any idea about it.

Have you tried simply closing down Enterprise Manager and starting it
again? I did a quick test, and it appears that the job-step dialogue
caches the database list, so it may not have seen the new database yet.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...oads/books.mspx
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodin...ions/books.mspx

No comments:

Post a Comment