Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Database Mirroring Transport Error

Hi

I am trying to configure Database Mirroring. I had do set dbcc traceon(1400,-1) manually using tsql as the server does not start when configring the startup parameter using the advanced properties of sql server configuration using -T 1400.

After using the db-mirror properties and the wizard in management studio i get an error "database mirroring transport is disabled in the endpoint configuration". I also get this error when executing

alter database set partner="..."

Am I missing something?

Thanks

First, upgrade to SP1. You don't have to specify the 1400 trace flag.

But, to answer your question....

For RTM, you must specify the trace flag 1400 as a startup parameter; you cannot use traceon. I notice that you have a " " (space) between the -T and 1400. Get rid of that. Start up sqlservr.exe with -T1400.

Thanks,

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment