Sunday, March 25, 2012

Database mirroring question

I Posted this in SQL Server general and it was suggested I move it here.
Hello,
SQL Server 2005 SP1 SE on WINDOWS 2003 sp1 both principal and mirror
SQL Serverver Express SP1 on WINDOWS 2003 sp1 Witness
In mirror monitoring witness indicates disconected from mirror.
All else is green.
Can ping witness from mirror and connect via MSSMS.
No errors in Witness SQL server errorlog.
What can I do to debug this? I have drilled into the status and I do not
see any errors. I kinda assumed I there is a connectivity problem. Any
ideas on how to debug/resolve it?
If you can't mirror the database due to network connectivity problems
mirroring will be shut down in High Safety, High Availability modes.
I would run a ping -t between your publisher and mirror to check network
stability, and then copy files back and forth to see if you get the same
latencies each way.
http://www.zetainteractive.com - Shift Happens!
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Joe" <Joe@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:538D73DD-AB07-4970-9F78-C591F6806CD7@.microsoft.com...
>I Posted this in SQL Server general and it was suggested I move it here.
> Hello,
> SQL Server 2005 SP1 SE on WINDOWS 2003 sp1 both principal and mirror
> SQL Serverver Express SP1 on WINDOWS 2003 sp1 Witness
> In mirror monitoring witness indicates disconected from mirror.
> All else is green.
> Can ping witness from mirror and connect via MSSMS.
> No errors in Witness SQL server errorlog.
> What can I do to debug this? I have drilled into the status and I do not
> see any errors. I kinda assumed I there is a connectivity problem. Any
> ideas on how to debug/resolve it?

No comments:

Post a Comment