Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Database mirroring setup without downtime

Does anyone know if you can mirror a database while users are banging away on
it? I can't see how I'd get the log backups in sync on the mirror server,
it's pretty busy with transactions. I've done some small scale testing and it
seems like you can apply a log backup while the data on the primary is being
changed and it still sets up the mirror ok. It's a 24/7 system and we have to
schedule some downtime otherwise.
Thanks in advance.
Hi
How do you know that log backups are ansync?
"sqlboy2000" <sqlboy2000@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:98F90C89-B307-4FB3-85D1-ACA8CA2D2297@.microsoft.com...
> Does anyone know if you can mirror a database while users are banging away
> on
> it? I can't see how I'd get the log backups in sync on the mirror server,
> it's pretty busy with transactions. I've done some small scale testing and
> it
> seems like you can apply a log backup while the data on the primary is
> being
> changed and it still sets up the mirror ok. It's a 24/7 system and we have
> to
> schedule some downtime otherwise.
> Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment