Thursday, March 29, 2012

Database Movement

Hello, I normally use the database backup and restore commands when I am
moving one database for one computer to another. This time however, I
brought over the raw files for the log and data. How can I get sql server
to incorporate these files into the server that I am placing them on. This
server does not have that database at all. I moved the files to the
location it normally places the log and datafiles, but when I brought SQL
server up, it did not show me those files in enterprise manager.
Any ideas how to utilize these files in SQL server?
Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!!!Look up sp_attach_db and sp_detach_db in BOL (Books On-Line).
--
Geoff N. Hiten
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Senior Database Administrator
Careerbuilder.com
I support the Professional Association for SQL Server
www.sqlpass.org
"C_Silin" <OverwhelmedButStillTrying@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9485989199631CSilinhotmailcom@.207.46.248.16...
> Hello, I normally use the database backup and restore commands when I am
> moving one database for one computer to another. This time however, I
> brought over the raw files for the log and data. How can I get sql server
> to incorporate these files into the server that I am placing them on.
This
> server does not have that database at all. I moved the files to the
> location it normally places the log and datafiles, but when I brought SQL
> server up, it did not show me those files in enterprise manager.
> Any ideas how to utilize these files in SQL server?
> Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment