Saturday, February 25, 2012

Database Mail SMTP authentication

I am trying to configure my database mail. It gives me this error when ever I try to send an email out of my domain:

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server error.... Mailbox unavailable: The server response was: 5.7.1 unable to relay....

Any suggestions on how to fix this issues. I have read other posts here but not a definitive solution.

Thanks,

Hi Rob - You'll probably get more and better responses from another forum or newsgroup. This one is dedicated to SQL Server Notification Services, which despite the similar name, is not the same technology as Database Mail.|||

Thanks Joe,

Do you know which forum might I try to get an answer to this issue.

|||

Hi Rob. Did you ever get an answer to this question? I'm experiencing the same issues.

Thanks!

|||Relaying is not allowed at the most SMTP servers. It will have to be allowed for either an IPAdress as a source of relaying or as destination domains. These settings can be configured on the remote SMTP server. If its an external one, rather than an internal you are probably out of luck as most providers that only host mail addresses will not allow it.

Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment