Friday, February 24, 2012

Database Mail Configuration? Very Urgent

Hi!!!!

I'm a hobbyist Developer....

I'm would like to know how to send mails from Database Mail option in SQL Server 2005. I wil be glad if i can get a step-by-step procedure or any KB....

Moreover what i did was,

i tried to setup the database and i got the error message when i tried to send DB mails....

"An attempt was made to send an email when no email session has been established"

wil be thankful if i get help ASAP.

Thanks,

Jeffrey

Hi all....Why am i not getting any help? Seems that not even a single expert is having a look at this question.....

Please help me ASAP.......

TIA

Jeffrey

|||

I'm no expert; but, did you set up your email configuration?

I've set up my account / configuration; but, I'm getting the following error:

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 1 (2006-06-22T02:27:43). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: authentication required - for help go to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/sbc/dsl/mail/pop/pop-11.html). )

SBCGlobal (my ISP) says they don't support SQL Server 2005 DB Mail?

Anyone else have this problem?

|||

Hi Steve,

I'm getting the same message as you are - sure would like to know what it means!!

Dave

|||

I got hung up on this one too, and what I found was when I set up the mail account to send mail in SQL Server I had used the wrong name for the Account Name and Display Name. Many e-mail accounts have an "Alias" name to them and they may not be what the actual e-mail address looks like. So if your mail account address looks like SVCMail@.myISP.com, it may have an alias name of SVCSQLMail. It is critical that the alias name is right otherwise it won't work.

You can also try right clicking Database Mail/Send Test Message to see if the mail works at all. I have found that the mail does work quite often by using this method but then a job will fail to send mail if you try to set an alert for a job. That is pretty much how I discovered that if the Description and Alias name is wrong, it will fail to send mail under a job.

As far as the ISP not supporting SQL 2005 mail, it is probably not an issue because SQL 2005 just uses SMTP mail. There is also SQL Mail which uses the Outlook Client but that should not be an issue either as long as it is configured correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment