Saturday, February 25, 2012

Database Mail is not working for me on 64 bit SQL 2005

I am trying to get Database mail working on our win 2003 EE 64 bit SQL 2005
SP 1 EE 64bit server. I have done a ton of searching around other posts &
have checked everything that people have said would work. Nothing has worked
so far with me. The mail service is enabled, broker service is enabled &
relay permission is allowed for the service. Here is the error message I am
getting: Could not retrieve items from the queue. If I look at the queue,
it does have several test messages in there waiting to be sent. Any ideas on
what else I could try to get this to work?
Thanks!
Johnhmm..what login is the mail service running under? Are you sure that user
has permissions to read the msdb system database?
"John D." <JohnD@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:28596E29-6110-4A44-806F-6E82C2A86983@.microsoft.com...
>I am trying to get Database mail working on our win 2003 EE 64 bit SQL 2005
> SP 1 EE 64bit server. I have done a ton of searching around other posts &
> have checked everything that people have said would work. Nothing has
> worked
> so far with me. The mail service is enabled, broker service is enabled &
> relay permission is allowed for the service. Here is the error message I
> am
> getting: Could not retrieve items from the queue. If I look at the
> queue,
> it does have several test messages in there waiting to be sent. Any ideas
> on
> what else I could try to get this to work?
> Thanks!
> John
>|||Pardon my ignorance but how where do you set what login the mail service is
running under? Does it use the login that SQL Agent is running under? I
enabled it in the surface area configuration tool.
"Tim Greenwood" wrote:
> hmm..what login is the mail service running under? Are you sure that user
> has permissions to read the msdb system database?
>
> "John D." <JohnD@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:28596E29-6110-4A44-806F-6E82C2A86983@.microsoft.com...
> >I am trying to get Database mail working on our win 2003 EE 64 bit SQL 2005
> > SP 1 EE 64bit server. I have done a ton of searching around other posts &
> > have checked everything that people have said would work. Nothing has
> > worked
> > so far with me. The mail service is enabled, broker service is enabled &
> > relay permission is allowed for the service. Here is the error message I
> > am
> > getting: Could not retrieve items from the queue. If I look at the
> > queue,
> > it does have several test messages in there waiting to be sent. Any ideas
> > on
> > what else I could try to get this to work?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > John
> >
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment