Friday, February 24, 2012

Database mail configuration

I have configured database mail using the wizard, but when I try to send a test message I receive the following error:

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 3 Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (Failure sending mail.)

Is there some more configuration I must do? I have enabled mail using the surface area configurator.

Thanks

I would try using xpsmtp mail and forget standard SQL mail...it is a pain in the rear. You can get it (yes it is free) here http://www.sqldev.net/xp/xpsmtp.htm

It is easy to set up and use and has teriffic documentation.

I know this is not an answer to your question but I hope this helps some.

Regards,

Brad Feaker
|||We are using SQL Server 2005 and its database mail option, not the old SQL mail that 7 and 2000 use.|||Sorry about that - I should have noticed your mention of the Surface Area Configurator. My bad! I don't have any experience setting up SQL Mail in 2005 yet. Hope you get an answer soon. No one seems to be able to answer my question either...Good luck!!!
|||

Hi Tim,

I had the same problem as yours and I solved it configuring the Relay options of my SMTP server.

HTH,

No comments:

Post a Comment