Friday, February 24, 2012

Database Mail errors

Hi,
I thought that I had configured Database Mail correctly but I am getting
this message:-
Message
The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server
failure. (Sending Mail using Account 1 (2006-08-30T11:36:43). Exception
Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (Failure sending mail.).
)
What is causing this?
Thanks
ChrisI am also getting this error on my Win2k3 Server with Sql 2005
installed. I can ping mail.xxx.com, I haven't tried using OE or
Outlook, but this is one server on a whole network of people sending
mail via SMTP to our WIN2kServer running 3rd party mail server software
that allows relay from internal IP's. I also have another SQL server
with the same problem. This leads me to think that there is something
on the Server's that I am not doing properly. I see a lot of post for
people who have resorted to using 3rd party apps and CDO because this
apparently doens't work for a lot of people... Any ideas or help?
Thanks all
Chris Wood wrote:
> Hi,
> I thought that I had configured Database Mail correctly but I am getting
> this message:-
> Message
> The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server
> failure. (Sending Mail using Account 1 (2006-08-30T11:36:43). Exception
> Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (Failure sending mail.).
> )
> What is causing this?
> Thanks
> Chris|||John,
We are trying to use the SQL Server machine itself to send the mail and this
does not work. If we do not want to use our Exchange server then do we need
a server dedicated to just relay SMTP traffic?
Thanks
Chris
<john.dean@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1157553993.669998.218770@.m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
>I am also getting this error on my Win2k3 Server with Sql 2005
> installed. I can ping mail.xxx.com, I haven't tried using OE or
> Outlook, but this is one server on a whole network of people sending
> mail via SMTP to our WIN2kServer running 3rd party mail server software
> that allows relay from internal IP's. I also have another SQL server
> with the same problem. This leads me to think that there is something
> on the Server's that I am not doing properly. I see a lot of post for
> people who have resorted to using 3rd party apps and CDO because this
> apparently doens't work for a lot of people... Any ideas or help?
> Thanks all
>
> Chris Wood wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment