Friday, February 24, 2012

Database Mail Confusion

I am confused about the Service Broker and Database mail configuration. In
the MS Book SQL 2005 Implementation and Maintenance Training Kit, on page 63
,
Chapter 2 Lesson tool it states “The default Database Mail host database i
s
msdb, and Service Broker is enabled on msdb by default.”.
However when I use, SQL Server Surface Area Configuration, Surface Area
Configuration for Features, and click Service Broker, it states “This
instance does not have a Service Broker endpoint.”
The Database Mail has been configured. However, it is not sending e-mail
nor returning any error messages in the Database Mail Logs.
I set up the mail using Lesson 2 from the book, step by step. After it
didn’t work, I worked thru the Troubleshooting on-line help. So,
1. should there be a service broker endpoint setup somewhere
2. any suggestions to what I do next?
ThanksPlease ignore...I had an e-mail rule for the sql service account that moved
the test e-mail out of my mail box.
"brymer28303" wrote:

> I am confused about the Service Broker and Database mail configuration. I
n
> the MS Book SQL 2005 Implementation and Maintenance Training Kit, on page
63,
> Chapter 2 Lesson tool it states “The default Database Mail host database
is
> msdb, and Service Broker is enabled on msdb by default.”.
> However when I use, SQL Server Surface Area Configuration, Surface Area
> Configuration for Features, and click Service Broker, it states “This
> instance does not have a Service Broker endpoint.”
> The Database Mail has been configured. However, it is not sending e-mail
> nor returning any error messages in the Database Mail Logs.
> I set up the mail using Lesson 2 from the book, step by step. After it
> didn’t work, I worked thru the Troubleshooting on-line help. So,
> 1. should there be a service broker endpoint setup somewhere
> 2. any suggestions to what I do next?
> Thanks
>

No comments:

Post a Comment